10. You care. You care about educating our children, preparing our youth for successful lives, fostering good health and independence for older adults and those with disabilities, strengthening the financial stability and health of families, and providing basic needs to people in crisis.
9. We hold our community partners – and ourselves – accountable. You can trust that money you contribute to United Way will be allocated to programs within organizations that are held to the highest standards. Our community partners submit to a rigorous grant application process each year, which includes careful examination of their financial records, goals, programming, and work in the community. Dedicated and conscientious volunteers distribute the funds, ensuring that the dollars have the greatest possible impact in our county.
8. Your investment stays here in our community. Our dues to United Way Worldwide are only one percent of the amount we raise locally; in return, we receive benefits worth many times more than that small investment. This means that almost every penny of your donation stays right here in our area, helping to make our community an even better place to live for everyone.
7. It’s tax-deductible. Any donation you make to United Way qualifies as a deduction on your personal or business taxes.
6. We all benefit from our community partners' services. The programs we fund are not just for the “other guy.” Our partners serve a broad spectrum of the population, from the hungry and the homeless to hard-working employed people who just need a hand up to get through a tough time. When we reach a hand to one, we influence the condition of all.
5. United Way collaborates and creates new initiatives with the community. United Way works with businesses, faith-based organizations, local government, the non-profit sector, and many other community groups to build the infrastructure we need to proactively tackle our biggest challenges.
4. You get a lot of bang for your buck. When you give once to United Way, you are really joining with the entire community to invest in MANY community partners and the services they provide to people right here.
3. It feels good. When you invest in your community through United Way, you have the satisfaction and confidence of knowing that you, personally, are helping to sustain and improve the lives of your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe even your own family members.
2. You are part of real solutions. United Way is interested in more than “band-aid solutions” – we know that long-term community impact comes only from forward-looking and thoughtful planning.
1. It's how YOU LIVE UNITED! And that’s the bottom line. United Way advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all through our focus on Education, Financial Stability, and Health, the building blocks for a good quality of life. Because we know that a quality education leads to a stable job with enough income to support a family's good health. United Way's work never ends and with your help we'll continue to positively impact our county. And THAT's how WE LIVE UNITED!